ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Free Horse

Re: Free Horse

Zebella (zebella@idt.net)
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 13:55:24 -0700

Linda S. Flemmer wrote:
> I get the impression that she is an alpha mare wannabe who has not had
> adequate socialization. Everybody, people included, are at the bottom
> of her totem pole. I suspect that she is charging in the field, won't
> allow submissive (on her part) touching, probably is a pain to handle
> her feet, snaps, pushes, crowds, kicks & strikes. I'm willing to bet
> that she is tough on the other horses in the field, too.

Hmmm, I am just thinking out loud here, but some of the "disrespectful"
studs that my father had were quite changed animals after being turned
out with some big ole bred mares that took no crap....wonder if this
would have any affect on a filly?

keeping in mind of course that there is always the potential for serious
injury, but sometimes it's worth the risk.

tracy