ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: hoof protection questions

Re: hoof protection questions

Mitch Adair (mitch@acan.net)
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 11:52:21 -0600 (CST)

> Lauren,
>
> Have you tried using a long handled screwdriver to remove the easyboot? I
> find that I can remove them fairly easily with one as it gives you leverage
> to do so.

Prob. a silly ques., but is there any poss. of foot damage from this? Just
remembering the time I tried to take off a bicycle tire with a screwdriver
and put a nice big gouge in my Mavic wheel... I took my frustration out
on the screwdriver, but it was my fault. :) You just never know where a
screwdriver under pressure is gonna go...

Mitch
(who has no idea how much pressure removing an easyboot requires, or much
else about horses really... I'm just a beginner. Feel free to flame though,
its COLD today. :))

> Pat
> Natural Horse Handling Rope Halters
[...]