ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: tying up

Re: tying up

Linda Van Ceylon (equine_athletes@hotmail.com)
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 07:40:12 PST

LVanCeylon@vines.colostate.edu
>writes:
>
><< Do you think maybe the reason you you haven't seen any could be that
you
> work with younger horses in track racing? The endurance horse is 5 yo
> before they start competing and can have a career of 15 years if well
cared
> for.
>
> Linda Van Ceylon >>
>

>Could be, Linda. I wonder if it has anything to do with feeding
protocols.

>ti

Maybe, Tom. My guess is, probably, a combination of both. I think the
older horse's tolerances to changes in either or both exercise and feed
may be less, or at least different, than those of a younger horse.
However, that's just a guess based on my personal experience with age
vs. youth in both humans and horses.

Lindavan