ridecamp@endurance.net: Re:Treatment Vets at rides, Who Pays?-

Re:Treatment Vets at rides, Who Pays?-

Jacqueline Mansfield (jaxson@leopard.com)
Mon, 08 Dec 1997 09:48:14 -0700

At 11:30 AM 12/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Now in order to get the treatment vet on the grounds ride management must
>pay a fee to the vet for their time. If a rider's horse has to be treated
>it is with the rider's consent and the rider assumes charges for same
>treatment. I would not expect to pay a "farm call fee" as the vet has
>already been paid by management to be on the grounds.

I just had to jump in here because I have read several posts that mention
the above. In situations where the ride manager pays the vet or farrier a
fee to be available at the ride, aren't they paying them f*rom the money
collected from the entry fees of the riders*?
If this is true, and a portion of my entry fee for a ride goes to pay a
small fee to the vets and farriers who are on hand then it would be unfair
for me to have to pay a farm call fee should I need a vet or farrier's
service at the ride - as, in essence, I have already paid it (kind of like
paying insurance, you pay it and hope you never have to use it but are
thankful when it's there!). I would expect to pay for materials and time
spent during treatment, because I am responsible for the well being of my
horse.

Jacqueline Mansfield
Jacqueline Mansfield phone: 303-938-8901
jaxson@leopard.com fax: 303-938-9741
PROFS: RHQVM12(V4CUSREF)
Lotus Notes: Jacque Mansfield@LEOPARD @ IBM @ IBM_INTERNAL
Leopard Communications Database Team