Re: Hoof Supplement

Chris Paus (paus@micoks.net)
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 14:59:17 -0600

I'm kind of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" camp. My horse gets
pasture grass, grass hay, and 1 pound of crimped oats with some vitamin and
mineral supplement in it daily. That is it. Fairly simple diet. His very
first competitive trail ride this year, we placed first. We have placed in
all our CTRs and have easily finished our first 25 mile ride. Every vet
that checks him out comments what good condition this 10 year old grade
gelding is in. His heart rates are good and he has lots of energy for
competition. His feet are terrific.

I have another horse that I pour supplements to because he has been
chronically foundered and all the biotin in the world doesn't seem to help
a whole lot He is now getting Knox gelatin in his feed, which I've heard
works wonders, but I'm still waiting for the wonder.

chris paus & star