Re: Chevy truck transmissions

Julie Coats (Julie_Coats@ncsu.edu)
Fri, 07 Nov 1997 10:22:44 -0500

Hi all,

It is depressing when you finally get the truck of your dreams
(and having to trade my dream car to get it) and it lives in
the repair shop more than my driveway. I got a 97 Chevy 2500,
454 engine, equip. to pull anything. My trailer weights about
6000 lbs loaded. So here I am, with a girlfriend, going to
a NATRC ride at Biltmore Estate in NC, about a 600mile round
trip and a few good mountains. Well coming home my brand new
truck with 10,000 miles on it burnt out the alternator! They
did replace that as it is still under warranty, but am now having
trouble with the brakes. Everytime I take it in they can't find
anything. It is so frustrating and you sure don't want to pull a
horse trailer with no brakes!!!! Still arguing with the dealership.
Any chevy truck owners out there with problems similar to mine?
Julie