ridecamp@endurance.net: Unidentified subject!

Unidentified subject!

bolton@pbhs.brevard.k12.fl.us
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 14:27:37 -0400

This is in response to the ridecamper that posted the following:

>From: Naztari@aol.com
>To: ridecamp@endurance.net
>Subject: Liberty Run Fun
>
>Excuse me while I gloat. I took my 11yo daughter to her first LD at Ft
>Gordon, Ga this weekend. She had been telling me she could do 25 miles and I
>was kind of skeptical but told her if she was serious that I would take her.
> She then started riding nearly everyday around where we live. I talked to
>her a

Congratulations on your daughter's first ride(and on your 15th
place "dad"). I was at that ride and ALL the juniors there were
spectacular to watch ride and care for their horses. I too, thought it was
a great ride regardless of any missing trail markings....my husband and I
had a great time and got some wonderful training for our horses(and us).
Rob(hubby) did his first endurance ride!!!!(from a very proud wife!!:)) He
finished and hasn't admitted to being sore either! But back to the young
riders......my helmet goes off to them and their parents for their
dedication. So this goes out to all those endurance mom's and dad's who
support their children-----from looking at the juniors your efforts were
well spent!!! You have a right to be proud!!!

I might also add that this is the second ride I have done at Ft.
Gordon and it was great!!!! If I were ever going to do a 100 miler, this
is where I would want to do it.....not that I am anywhere near doing a
hundred, but if I ever do........Liberty Run would be it!! Those of you
who have not made this ride need to try to in the spring!!!! The view from
the campground is beautiful, water, bathrooms, and showers!! It is worth
the drive!!!

Rae Bolton
3875 Toby Ave .
Valkaria, Florida 32950