ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Big Horn "quick cinch" query

Re: Big Horn "quick cinch" query

David Bennett (benamil@juno.com)
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 18:55:52 EDT

I use one of Sportack's Quick Cinch's with my western rigged Ortho-Flex
saddle and it works great. It should work with any saddle with dees/tie
rings on the rigging of both sides. I think the idea was originated
for use with Sports Saddles. I hate ties straps for use during
competitions because they are slow and awkward for me. This gets the
cinch on and off quickly and is very secure. It is made of Biothane and
does not gall nor does it get 'hot' like neoprene does on some horses.
It is possible to tighten while you are mounted if you can lean over and
get a grip. However, that is not a real big advantage. The speed and
convenience along with the comfort to the horse are the big benefits.

Dave Bennett
Chickamauga, Georgia