ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: AERC #

Re: AERC #

Terry Woolley Howe (cancer@inetworld.net)
Mon, 06 Oct 1997 10:20:41 -0700

PATTISAM@aol.com wrote:

> I think the $10.00 fee for registering horses is a great idea. AERC has
> been operating on a very tight budget and certainly can use this money to
> offset the tremendous costs of keeping track of our horses mileage, points,
> etc. I think expecting this service for free is expecting alot.
> Patti and Sam

Patti & Sam,

I don't agree. I thought the annual dues that you pay should cover the
cost of keeping track of your horse's mileage too.

I think if AERC needs to generate more money it should take measures to
increase it's membership. One way I think this could be accomplished is
if dues were prorated for new members so that riders would be encouraged
to sign up at rides throughout the year. At the Mt. Laguna Ride in June
we probably had 40 riders who were not members of AERC. I find it very
difficult to suggest to riders that they sign up for AERC at that time
when the dues are not prorated. By the time the new year comes around,
non-member riders have forgotten or lost interest.

Terry Woolley Howe