ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Weight discussion

Re: Weight discussion

Lucy Chaplin Trumbull (elsie@calweb.com)
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 09:06:15 -0700

carl meyer wrote:
> I need more PEOPLE TALKING....We are losing HW RIDERS everyday and
> middleweights.

Carl, I'm not convinced there are that many people that share your view
(this is from the responses I see here. I can only think of only one
and a half people who were vaguely interested in your handicapping slant),
so why would everyone start kicking up a ruckus?

I'm also curious as how you *know* that HW and MW riders are dropping
out of the sport every day because they don't feel they are competitive?

Do they get to fill out a form when their AERC membership lapses?

Reason for lapse:
I was too heavy, so it's just not fair...

(and I had to work late, so couldn't train, so it's just not fair...
and my saddle wasn't quite as flexy as the person who won, so it's just not fair...
and it less humid than I was used to, so it's just not fair...
and there were less/more hills than I'm used to, so it's just not fair...
and... ...you get my point (maybe?)).

It still seems that you have kind of missed the point of endurance
riding - and, having missed that point, you probably don't understand
why not that many people are supporting you. Perhaps flat racing
is more suited to your particular way of thinking?

--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
Displaced English person in Sacramento, CA

http://www.calweb.com/~elsie http://www.calweb.com/~trouble **************************************************************