ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Weight discussion

Re: Weight discussion

Zebella (zebella@idt.net)
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:24:40 -0700

Lucy Chaplin Trumbull wrote:

> It still seems that you have kind of missed the point of endurance
> riding - and, having missed that point, you probably don't understand
> why not that many people are supporting you. Perhaps flat racing
> is more suited to your particular way of thinking?
> --

I gotta agree with you here Lucy, I've been watching this thread from
Carl with a growing sense of disbelief. Alot of the appeal of endurance
for many people is the fact that there aren't a bunch of rules and
regulations on things. I don't think many folks want to complicate our
sport with Carl's handicapping scheme.

Most of the people competing are out there for the love of the horse and
trail... "To Finish is to WIN!!!!!!" If you recall, Carl, the idea of
cash prizes did not exactly go over well with the AERC membership.

Perhaps you should consider NATRC? Perhaps then you would consider it a
more level playing field. Or methinks Lucy has the correct idea with
you trying flat racing.....seems to be just your cup of tea.

BTW, my husband who tacks in at 260+ lbs, found the idea of handicapping
endurance horses ludicrous....I should add that he and his horse beat me
(I tack in at ~150 lbs) and mine everytime out <G> man, ain't good for
my poor ego......

Best regards,

Tracy