ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: forgot to mention...GG ride stuff

Re: forgot to mention...GG ride stuff

Reynolds (jakar@aiinc.com)
Tue, 02 Sep 1997 20:06:25 -0700

DreamWeaver wrote:
> Many thanks to Jessica Tuteur (day 1) and Lindsay Graham (junior-day 2) for
> riding my horse Weaver and for taking such good care of him :-).

I took Weaver's P&R right into the first vetcheck at 48/20 on Day 2, the
lowest of any I took all day and he was still dropping! He does have
remarkable recoveries and looks so relaxed and happy all the time. He
looked great at the finish check at basecamp after the two fifties he'd
just done over the weekend. I think Karen has a multiday horse there!
(He looks cute in his red Easyboots too!)
Oh, and one problem we talked about that should be addressed in a
public forum to get the word out... If you decide to change riders,
horses, or anything else that has already been documented at a ride, be
sure to notify the person in charge of the paperwork before the ride!
We had a problem with a couple of those during the course of accounting
for all participants at a vetcheck. Do notify ride management if you
drop out and go back to camp or otherwise quit during the ride. It's a
big pain to be waiting at checks for riders who aren't going to show
up. Several people were out looking for someone who'd gone back to camp
at a recent ride and hadn't told anyone they'd withdrawn. That gives us
all ulcers and gray hair!!
Thanks,
Nikki