ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: An Alternate Strategy For Worms

Re: An Alternate Strategy For Worms

Zebella (zebella@idt.net)
(no date)

Duncan Fletcher wrote:
> I know nothing about Quest. I would be interested in any information anyone
> (perhaps a LD50 number). The most troublesome parasite with traditional
> wormers (except for ivermectin) is bots. Other boticides have very narrow
Quest is effective against every worm ivermectin is, PLUS encysted small
strongyles....(including bots)
It says it has been shown to delay the reappearance of worm eggs for 84
days, compared to ivermectin's 42.....thus needing to be used only 4
times per year.
I couldn't fine the LD50? number, but they do have a number to call 1
800 477-1365..I would assume they could give you that info.
I plan on trying this myself.....one selling point is that it is a gel
rather than a pste, and is supposed to dissolve almost instantly in the
horse's mouth (ie no more scooping up the spit out wormer and trying to
shove it in their mouths <G>)
Runs a little higher than ivermectin at $14.50 (local feed store) to
$13.95 (Jeffers) but that is offset by only having to buy 4 doses rather
than 6....sounds like an interesting new product tracy