ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: An Alternate Strategy For Worms

Re: An Alternate Strategy For Worms

Duncan Fletcher (dfletche@gte.net)
(no date)

Without good reason, I generally don't want to be the first one on my block
to use any new chemical (read that as food, medicine, etc.), but I would
take a product that has had to jump through all the approvals (read that as
Quest) than one that has not (copper sulfate).

I know nothing about Quest. I would be interested in any information anyone
can post that would indicate what parasites and what stages of those
parasites the drug is effective against. Also what the safety margin is
(perhaps a LD50 number). The most troublesome parasite with traditional
wormers (except for ivermectin) is bots. Other boticides have very narrow
margins of safety. Ivermectin also has its limitations - ineffective
against tapeworms. Duncan Fletcher dfletche@gte.net