ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: ridecamp-d Digest V97 #552

Re: ridecamp-d Digest V97 #552

Karen Allnutt (allnutt@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu)
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 10:49:42 -0500

Trish & David

I just read an article about that. I'll have to look it up at home
tonight. What I remember is a lot is dependent upon what food you are
giving your horse and if there is a tendency for other deficiencies in your
area. I'll pull it out tonight and get back to you tomorrow. I do
remember buying from a catalog is important rather than locally because
biotin has a limited shelf life. Since most catalogs buy and sell in bulk
the rationale is that the supplements are 'fresher'. The article talked
about how shelf life was desired by the horseman but the companies don't
want to. Lot numbers should indicate and you can call manufacturer to
check freshness. They looked at the major 5-6 brands out there.

KcA