ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: "Pre Purchase Exam" For Trailers?

Re: "Pre Purchase Exam" For Trailers?

Mike Sofen (miksof7@gte.net)
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 21:02:49 -0700

Aw, you kin do it yerself. Just hunker down, stick yer ear on the tar
(that's tire fer you northern folks) and listen fer a pulse. If ya hear
one, then don't buy the trailer as it's surely got a timebomb mounted to
the wheelwell... :-)

Mike Sofen
Seattle, WA

----------
From: Celenia Penix <wencel@foothill.net>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: "Pre Purchase Exam" For Trailers?
Date: Sunday, August 10, 1997 8:47 PM

Does anyone have any experience with taking trailers you're
considering buying for a "pre purchase examination" ?
I had a brief conversation with someone who told me
that there are shops that can check our your trailer
(like a mechanic does a car or a vet does a horse)
and tell you where/if you might anticipate problems.
Why kind of place would do this? Any recommendations
for someplace in the Auburn/Sacramento area of No
Calif?
Celenia