ridecamp@endurance.net: *Nariadni

*Nariadni

MS LOUISE D BURTON (XXDU78A@prodigy.com)
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 17:22:53, -0500

Diane gave me permission to forward this on to the listserve. Another
great horse lost to the gene pool!
Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Arabians

--[ FORWARDED PRIVATE MESSAGE ]--------

To: XXDU78A
From: Diane Willis <southwnd@PACBELL.NET>
Subject: [AH-L] *NARIADNI
Date: 08/04/97 05:18 PM

I just wanted to let you all know that our breed has just lost its most
beautiful stallion.

*Nariadni passed away this past Saturday, August 2, 1997, around
midnight. It is my understanding that he developed an infection (unknown
to me relative to source), was recovering nicely at the clinic, and Rick
brought him home Saturday. He apparently suffered a relapse late
Saturday night and passed away. I cannot convey the sadness I feel--I
bred my *Muscat daughter to him this season; unfortunately, she did not
settle, and so the loss I feel is twofold.

I met Rodney at the Taylor Ranch last September at the ranch's Pride of
Production Sale, and was awed by his beauty and presence, not to mention
his wonderful disposition. He was a king, and he knew it; but, as is
often the case with his human counterparts ;-), there was an endearing
little boy quality about him.

I cannot imagine the depth of the loss Rick and Paula must be feeling
right now. It was just a year ago that they lost *Muscat--just six
weeks prior to their sale. Sandee and I made arrangements to attend the
sale for the sole purpose of meeting *Muscat, our favorite. Instead, as
his eulogy, Sandee read to the attendees my poetic tribute to him. And
now, just six weeks prior to the second Pride of Production Sale, they
have lost their beloved *Nariadni.

The Southwind has again reclaimed one of his finest....I really loved
that guy.

Diane Willis
Southwind Arabian Farm
southwnd@pacbell.net