ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: ridecamp-d Digest V97 #439

Re: ridecamp-d Digest V97 #439

khuck@magicnet.net
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 19:01:15 -0400 (EDT)

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 15:25:26 -0500
>From: Doris Kulp <doris@rrdstrad.nist.gov>
>To: ridecamp@endurance.net
>Subject: DeSoto Saddles
>
>What do the DeSoto saddles look like? Are there pictures of them in any
>magazines that I could look at? Does anyone have a contact for the
>company?
>
>------------------------------

Hi Doris,

You can reach Marilyn Horstmyer at 423-263-5371 (Tennessee). I'm
sure she will be happy to send you a brochure. My husband and I both own
DeSoto saddles and we love them! The sadddles are well made, good looking
and so easy to balance in. They are also quite comfortable. But, most
importantly, they fit our horses! (We are both previous Sports Saddle
owners.) Both my husband and I get compliments on them all the time.
I've had people (who do not ride competitive or endurance) get in the saddle
and they love it and want to know where I got mine. One time, mine got
completely soaked from a ride. I was worried about how that would effect
the leather. When I got it home, I cleaned it up and you would never have
known what a beating it took. We highly recommend her.

My husband's saddle is a completely different colored leather than mine, and
our saddle seats are a different color than others that we've seen. Ours
are brown with black seats. Most of the others that I've seen have brown
seats. Either way you go, she does a great job!

I also know of many other folks in the Central Florida area who own
her saddles and love them. Good luck. Kim.