ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Throughbreds

Re: Throughbreds

Kathy Myers (kathy@nvolve.com)
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 10:58:15 -0700

Stacia writes:
> Those of you that ride throughbreds might find it interesting to visit
> http://owl.frontier.com/pedigree

Yup! And search for "Little Matador"... Albin kindly added him
even though he did not win a stakes race. Albin *will* add your
TB if you ask nicely and provide any information that is not there.
:)

Notice Magnum is an O'Hara grandson, a Princequillo great grandson,
Bold Ruler is one of his great-uncles, he's a cousin of sorts
to Swaps and Secretariat, Man-O-War is back there, and he sire-lines
back to the Darley Arabian through Hambletonian. :) :) :)

The best story about O'Hara is in a major race down at Santa Anita,
I believe, where he dumps his jockey at the gate... proceeds to rate
himself around the turns... hanging off the leaders until after the
turn for home where he gets himself into the clear, swtiches leads,
and blasts down the home stretch and under the wire in front. Too
bad it didn't count without the jockey. Someday I'm going to find
a tape of this race. :)

This is a grand resource and I hope someone does the same for Arabs
soon.

:) - kat
in No. Cal with "Little Matador" aka Magnum the TB ex-racer
1981 b g, Faliraki X Syllabub, by O'Hara, 5-0-3/23, ret.