ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Farrier's T-shirt

Re: Farrier's T-shirt

Lauren Horn (fourhorn@mail.fia.net)
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 21:40:03 -0700

cameron wood wrote:

> " The more specific you get about how you want your horse shod,
> the more your farrier will do what he damn well pleases!"

Yes, I totally agree with this statement, especially with the "good 'ol
boys". That belief is exactly why I choose the farrier I have now. There
are over a dozen farriers in my area and I interviewed about 6 of them.
I shared with them my beliefs, asked them questions and hypothetical
problems and asked about their training. Most of them looked at me like
I was some stupid lady and even laughed at me asking questions.(These
were top farriers who were highly referred to me)

The farrier I decided upon was extremely open to communication and new
ideas. We both have shared in ideas and have solved what were problems
with my horses hoofs. And it's no-wonder why I talk so easy to my
farrier; SHE is a good listener.

Lauren