ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: Wine Country Trail Markings

RE: Wine Country Trail Markings

District Attorney (daadmin@psln.com)
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 12:58:10 -0700

Jessica--Good for you!!!

I think that people just love to complain, and they do it well! You did warn
riders about the terrain, which was one reason why I opted not to do it for
my first 50.

However, next year, I would like to accept your invitation of helping with
your ride, etc., and hope you'll contact me. My only requirement will be
a place to park my rig and my pony--but I love Napa and would love
the opportunity to spend some extra time there really seeing it--not just the
wineries! Of course, you'd have to waive my entry fee too!!!! :0)

I read many good things about your ride too--so don't give up on it!!

Dorothy & Elly
Taylorsville, CA

----------
From: Jessica Tuteur[SMTP:jessicat@napanet.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 1997 8:32 AM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: Wine Country Trail Markings

For all of you who have been bitching and moaning about my trail markings, I
have an open invitation for you to come to Napa next year the week before
the ride and take the 10 rolls of ribbon I used and go mark the damm trail
yourselves. Then I would also like you to stay the following week and go
unmark the trail. FYI there were over 400 ribbons on the trail (remember the
2nd loop reuses most of the morning trail).

I can tell you from 2 short years of experience that putting on a ride is a
lot of work. If you are interested in volunteering to help please call me.
If you continue your bitching there will be no more rides to go to.
Endurance riding in my humble opinion is supposed to be a challenge and an
enjoyable experience. If you want me to pave the trail for you please donate
money now so that I may begin that process. Or I would be glad to provide
guides for a fee.

If you didn't like my ride don't come back. The trail will not be marked
that much differently next year because I can not spend 6 weeks marking and
unmarking. I was also forbidden by landowners from using lime or spray chalk
markings. I put on the ride because I think people like to come out and see
different country. If I am mistaken and there is a different reason to put
on a ride please let me know.

As far as the treacherous terrain goes, I warned you all in the entry blank
that it was a rugged ride.

I hope this note will help clear things up.

Jessica
Jessica Tuteur
J-M Ranch
1393 Green Valley Rd.