ridecamp@endurance.net: Thanks, Helmets & Safety

Thanks, Helmets & Safety

Becky Huffman (hhcc1@htcomp.net)
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 13:29:03 -0500

I love people who aren't' afraid to say 'this is the way it is", but If I
thought that 'see, everyone agrees with me...' would work I would not
hesitate to try it!

My policy in the past has been to offer the helmet with a comment regarding
my possible silliness and the riders safety. I had never had anyone refuse
until her. The first time this came up, she said (QUOTE) "that
Christopher Reeve would have been better off if he had not had a helmet on"

(the marriage counselor helped my husband and I tremendously, but I refuse
to spend $100/hr talking about Her problems)

I do feel very strongly about adults making personal decisions and taking
responsibility for their own actions - BUT - My Real concern is for my
husbands emotional state (not her head).

Cold-but true.
She is a real bitch (dont know how she raised my wonderful husband.)

I was honestly interested what policies other people had at their barns.

We still have not agreed on a 'helmet policy' but sometime those horses are
very difficult to get up out of the back pasture.!

Becky & The SpazRat (nobody rides but mom)
hhcc1@htcomp.net