ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: What would you do? S.O.S.!

RE: What would you do? S.O.S.!

Mike Sofen (a-miksof@MICROSOFT.com)
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 12:59:21 -0700

I'd also say that what the seller did would legally constitute fraud,
but taking him to court over it would cost more than the $400 you've
spent. I would take the horse back to him immediately, get a contract
cancellation, and request a refund. If he refuses, tell him that on
your way back to town you're filing a small claims court claim against
him for the $400 and see if he budges. Small claims are filed in
District Court and usually cost about $15, lawyers are NOT allowed, so
at worst you'll be out the time away from work.

However, if he really doesn't have any money, just walk away from it.
You'll start sleeping at night again.

Mike Sofen
Seattle, WA