ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Gate into hold

Re: Gate into hold

Raymond Santana (rtsantana@ucdavis.edu)
Mon, 02 Jun 1997 11:42:09 -0700

K S Swigart wrote:

> On Fri, 30 May 1997, Raymond Santana wrote:
>
> > The problems I have observed with the "new" method is that a rider could
> > come into a checkpoint and be there for an hour getting the horse down
> > to criteria. The in timer was added to help keep an eye on this type of
>
> Actually, I think it is an AERC rule that horses must meet criteria within
> 1/2 hour of arriving at a vet check and within 1 hr of arriving at the
> finish line. If it is not an AERC rule, then it has always been a rule at
> every ride I have gone to (although not always strictly adhered to).
>
> kat
> Orange County, Calif.
Kat

Ok so I just read the AERC rules which are avilable on the WWW
and they say "All Equines must stand a mandatory post ride evaluation
within one hour of finishing" in rule 6.2.1.1.
So therefore my evaluation of "gate into a hold" still is true unless
incoming time is monitored.
Raymond Santana
Network Operations
UC Davis Medical Center