ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Refunds

Re: Refunds

tina hicks (hickst@puzzler.nichols.com)
Fri, 30 May 1997 07:28:38 -0500

At 10:54 PM 5/29/97 -0700, Terry Woolley Howe wrote:

So unless the ride management wanted to subject the
>rider to a polygraph test, you have to take the rider's word that for
>whatever reason, he does not want to start the ride.

How many of us drive 6 or 8 hours to a ride, take a day off from work,
etc.... to just wimp out for no good reason once we get there?? *Not many* -
no one I know anyway. I mean really, when I go to a ride there are very few
things that are going to keep me from riding - *esp* if I've already paid a
deposit or the entire fee.....and those things are going to be legitimate
reasons.

I'm on the side of offering refunds - however, no refund would not cause me
to boycott a ride.

Tina - who hasn't managed a ride and may change her tune when does :-)
hickst@nichols.com