ridecamp@endurance.net: bruising

bruising

tina hicks (hickst@puzzler.nichols.com)
Wed, 28 May 1997 08:51:19 -0500

At 01:30 AM 5/28/97 -0400, VMAXEPT@aol.com wrote:

>I was going to ask off-line .. but may as well ask for the group...
>
>Did you notice any different heart rates .. before Tony went lame?
uh-uh - he was looking and feeling great. Trotting along about 106 - 110
which is completely normal for him.....

BTW, several folks have emailed me off line about the Equithotics and
bruising. It is Tony's frog and partway to his toe that are bruised - when
the shoer pared some foot away you can easily see it. The frog is exposed in
the Eq. He is somewhat flat soled tho not bad - never had any trouble out of
his feet. Have had rocks get stuck in there before.

Guessing that there was enough contact to cause some slight bruising at that
ride and then we just happened to hit that spot at Liberty Run - we did go
over a few rocks and tree roots, that sort of thing.

What is strange is the 25 miles the weekend before with no trouble.......

At any rate, we'll see and here's to hoping the bruise heals and doesn't
decide to abcess.....
Tina Hicks | Huntsville, AL
Southeast Endurance Riders Association - http://www.hsv.tis.net/~slilly/
Eastern Time Zone Squad - http://www.hsv.tis.net/~slilly/etzhome.htm