Subject: Re: PHF
Author: ridecamp@endurance.net at smtp
Date: 5/21/97 8:14 AM

Here in NJ, near the Delaware River, my vet recommends vaccinating for PHF
twice during the spring-summer. 3 months apart. This area has had alot of
cases and even if the vaccine is only 80% effective, I would opt to spare
my horses the suffering and possible death from PHF. My horses have not
reacted badly to the vaccine. The trick is to get them moving asap after
the injection. A vet told me this and it has prevented even rhino from giving
them a sore neck! I know it's controversial but in my experience it works.
-Amy