ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Make a Wish Foundation

Re: Make a Wish Foundation

Joe Long (jlong@mti.net)
Wed, 21 May 1997 14:53:34 GMT

On Tue, 20 May 1997 18:44:43 -0500, George McGraw <georgem@ctinc.com> wrote:

>I hope you will indulge me in this non-endurance post.

>I received a letter from the USDF asking for help in fulfilling the
>wish of a terminally ill young man. Craig Sherwood is a 17 year old

Uh oh. I'm sorry to inform you (and anyone on the list who may be thinking of
sending a card, or forwarding the message) that this is a hoax, like the "Good
Times" and "Pen Pal" virus warnings.

There is a real Craig Sherwood, but far from being terminally ill he recovered
years ago. He does *not* want any cards mailed to him. This "appeal" floats
around the Internet apparently in perpetuity.

For full details, check the alt.urban.legends newsgroup.

--

Joe Long jlong@mti.net http://www.mti.net Business http://www.rnbw.com Personal