ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: ridecamp-d Digest V97 #349

Re: ridecamp-d Digest V97 #349

khuck@magicnet.net
Tue, 20 May 1997 20:30:13 -0400 (EDT)

>------------------------------
>

>ridecamp-d Digest Volume 97 : Issue 349
>
>Today's Topics:
> Water in trailer
> Water
> Message non-delivery note
> Thumps
> Desoto saddle for sale
> Re: Tule Blues 50 - Hal's ride
> Re: Saddle Covers - How & Why?
> Re: Tule Blues 50 - Hal's ride
> Trail Blazer...has the May/June issue come out yet?
> Re: PHF
> Biltmore Ride
> Re: Natural Balance hoof
> Re: Vaccinations
> vaccines and fly spray
> week before the ride
> Re: Saddle Covers - How & Why?
> Greetings from a newcomer
> multi-day rides - information wanted
> Re: Trail Blazer...has the May/June issue come out yet?
> Re: To geld or not, that is the question
> RE: Choosing a stallion
> Re: Trail Blazer...has the May/June issue come out yet?
> Is the list still up?
> Thank You
> Re: obsessing
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: 20 May 97 03:40:43 +0100
>From: leifn@roskildebc.dk (Leif Neland)
>To: endurance@moscow.com
>Subject: Water in trailer
>
> > I suspect that the water would slosh if in containers. For a nose
> > plate-activated water fountain, you would need a pressurized water
> > tank for your water supply.
>
>I suspect after being hit on the nose while trying to activate the plate
just as the trailer passes a pot-hole in the road a few times, most horses
will leave the waterfountain alone.

>Leif Neland
>Internet: leifn@roskildebc.dk
>---
>|Fidonet: Leif Neland 2:234/49
>|Internet: leifn@swimsuit.roskildebc.dk
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: 20 May 97 03:46:23 +0100
>From: leifn@roskildebc.dk (Leif Neland)
>To: endurance@moscow.com
>Subject: Water
>
> > Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 11:16:46 -0500
> > From: tina hicks <hickst@puzzler.nichols.com>
> > Subject: Re: drinking water in trailer
> >
> > Am I the only one that thinks it's not life threatening for a
> > horse (or human or dog or whatever) to go without water for a few
> > hours? I mean horses do not drink continously while in the
> > pasture or stall :-)), we manage to go what, 8 hours, without
> > water while we sleep at nite, dogs are crated for a few hours at
> > a time without water......
>
>We have four horses sharing a fairly large shed. They are only tied when
fed, otherwise they are free to be inside or out 24h a day, all year.
>The two upper horses tend to monopolize the shed.
>What would be the best "bedtime-procedure": To be tied from evening feed to
morning feed so all four stay inside and can lay down, but no access to
water in 8-9 hours, or free with access to water (and rain), and the two
lower horses most likely driven out?

> [...]
>Rushcreek 1:1 mineral available from ABC's. No more thumps. (knock on wood)
>That was 2 years ago. Good luck.
>Sallie and Matty
>www.cisnet.com/Mateef
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 08:31:30 -0400 (EDT)
>From: RibbonRidg@aol.com
>To: ridecamp@endurance.net
>Subject: Desoto saddle for sale
>
>For Sale:
>Marilyn Horstmyer custom saddle. Three years old, used very little.
>
>Small seat, 14 1/2, long stirrups. Excellent for featherweight.
>
>Narrow tree width, and short back for small narrow arab.
>
>Only $600 OBO.
>
>Kitty Longino
>Ribbonridg@aol.com
>(501)665-4151 Arkansas
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 07:59:27 -0500
>From: tina hicks <hickst@puzzler.nichols.com>
>To: hlurphy@socal.wanet.com, ridecamp <ridecamp@endurance.net>
>Subject: Re: Tule Blues 50 - Hal's ride
>
>At 12:06 PM 5/19/97 -0700, Niccolai Murphy and Pat Hlavin wrote:
>The first 17 miles to the
>>first vet check had me riding like a combination of Lee Marvin playing
>>the drunk in Cat Ballou and George of the Jungle, AGGGHHH WHOOOOAAA
>>acchk tree, duck, SPLAT!
>
>ROTFL.....it seems this is a common way to start no matter what region,
>mileage or experience :-)
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 09:29:11 -0400 (EDT)
>From: SandyDSA@aol.com
>To: ridecamp@endurance.net
>Subject: Re: Saddle Covers - How & Why?

><<
> 1) Do you use any type of fleece saddle cover when riding?
> NO.
> 2) Is it full or partial?
> na
> 3) Is it wool or synthetic?
> na
> a) If wool, is it leather backed (whole hide) or is it fleece on a
> fabric backing?
> na
> 4) Do you like it?
> na
> 5) Do you have problems of it getting soaked in the rain (and REALLY
> saturating your saddle). (& don't say you don't ride in the rain! All
> the SE area keeps complaining about the rain/mud/sticky conditions!)
> na
> 6) Is your pad custom made for the saddle, or off the rack?
> na
> 7) Where did you purchase the pad?
> na
> I'll be happy to send a summary back to the list.
>
> Thanks >>
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 09:37:56 -0400 (EDT)
>From: SandyDSA@aol.com
>To: ridecamp@endurance.net
>Subject: Re: Tule Blues 50 - Hal's ride
>
>Heard it was a sticky hot day; but our good friends Ann and Randy finished
>7th and 8th - not bad for old Rooney! Way to go Buddies!

Me too. I called Trail Blazer last Wednesday to inquire. Still have not
received a return phone call and/or a May/June issue of Trail Blazer. Would
have been really nice to receive a return phone call but maybe the issue is
"in the mail".

as anyone recieved their May/June issue of Trail blazer...or is mine lost in