ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: bloodlines and breeding

Re: bloodlines and breeding

Lauren Horn (fourhorn@mail.fia.net)
Thu, 15 May 1997 23:06:24 -0700

Ann Marie Olson wrote:
so I was wondering what you would breed to if
> you had your 'druthers.
>
> Ann
> (no horse right now, just window shopping)

Besides one particular Akhal Teke I like, I am considering breeding my
Arab mare (in the future) to Oman, the Shaygar (?) Arabian. I have a
video and other printed material on him. I am immpressed with his
successful versatility including endurance. Does anyone on the list know
of or has direct experience with him? I would love to hear your
comments.

I know of people that have advertised "good temperaments" when, in fact,
the stallion had a lousy disposition. I can only make a correct
decision, for me, by talking to as many people as I can to find the
facts & truth.

A stallion, that I have debated with myself as to why I would even
consider a show horse, is Fire & Ice. The reason I keep my eye on him is
because I LOVE PALOMINOS. I can't help it! But I don't know a thing
about his temperament or if he could be called a solid, sound horse.
Anybody know about him?

These are the horses that I am considering.

Lauren