ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Implant for mares

Re: Implant for mares

Ramey Peticolas-Stroud (ramey@wvi.com)
Mon, 12 May 1997 16:18:02 +0000

Regarding the use of implants and RegumateŽ on mares in competition,
AERC published a document in August of 1991 entitled: "AERC MEDICATION
POLICY SUPPLEMENT" which reads in part:

"Permissible Substances:
*A Non-Inclusive List
(permissible preceding and during competition). . .

• Compounds to synchronize estrus
(e.g. RegumateŽ)"

This supplemental policy is apparently still valid. No retractions or
alterations have been published to the membership that I know of. Under
this 1991 AERC policy statement, if your intent is to synchronize
estrus, you may enter rides with the implant in place.

Perhaps there is a BOD or Vet Committee member on-line who is willing to
confirm my reading of AERC policy.

Ramey Peticolas-Stroud