ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: PHF

Re: PHF

gerhardt (gerhardt@theriver.com)
Fri, 9 May 1997 20:57:43 -0700

Hi,

I don't doubt that you have mosquitos around Phoenix, but we don't have any
down here by the Mexican border. I think I've seen one in the three years
I've been here. As it turns out, I am either misinformed or misunderstood
my vet on PHF being mosquito borne, as it apparently is not. However, for
what ever reason, there has been no PHF reported in this area of Arizona at
all, and very little elsewhere in the state,so the recommedation I got is
not to vacinate for it.

----------
> From: Bruce Saul <kitten@resp-sci.arizona.edu>
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: PHF
> Date: Wednesday, May 07, 1997 4:28 PM
>
> > Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 08:02:59 -0400
> > From: "C.M.Newell" <reshan@deyr.ultranet.com>
> > To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> > Subject: Re: Vaccinations
> >
> > >... I think you'd have to do a separate stick for the PHF. I hated
> > >that shot for the way the horses swelled up at the shot site from it.
Thank