ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Endurance Bloodlines

Re: Endurance Bloodlines

Barbara Madill (madill@teleplex.net)
Sat, 10 May 1997 09:32:37 -0400 (EDT)

You asked about *Bask bloodlines and endurance. I have a *Bask grandaughter
who has excelled at the three day 100 format (I've had some of the one day
100 folks who do both fomrats say that it is much easier to do the one day
ride).

She is a cross on old Kellogg breeding with lots of up close *Raseyn and
*Rabias, so don't know which side of family to credit. However, from her
*Bask son daddy's side she inherited an incredible brain (about things that
benefit herself, thank you!) Her mother was fairly smart, but not as self
centered about it. If you can live with a temperament that tells YOU how
something should be done after two repetitions (I NEVER feed precisely by
the clock), enjoy.
(Of course, the *Bask line might not have been responsible).

I would like feed back about *Nabiel horses and long distance. I have a
young *Nabiel son (coming 7) and read him as still immature. I feel he
still needs a year or two before asking serious distance questions. Anyone
else (and thanks, Teddy for your enthusiastic comments about this horse
family) have experience with tall, lanky (16 h.h and I'm 5'3") "modern"
Egyptian Arabian bloodlines? (After all, many of the Crabbet horses were
Egyptian if you go back far enough if my memory serves me.

Thank you in advance,

Barbara -- gearing up for glow stick duty at Biltmore!

RReceived: (from majordom@localhost) by fsr.com (8.8.2/8.7.3) id JAA06955; Sat, 10 May 1997 09:11:28 -0700 (PDT)