ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: trailer woes

Re: trailer woes

Tracy Stampke (zebella@idt.net)
Fri, 02 May 1997 09:21:40 -0700

tetervin@bms.com wrote:

> Why can't a trailer be more like a car? What I mean is, cars don't leak when
> it rains, their doors don't fall off, they don't start to rust as soon as
> they leave the showroom, their electrical systems don't fail regularly. Even
> cheap cars don't have these problems, and some trailers cost much more than in
> inexpensive car What will it take to get some changes made?
> Government standards? -Amy

The trick is to buy a good trailer to start with! If it's cheap,
there's a reason!

Like I said, there's noo comparison between the Bonanza and the Jackson
we have now.

the other trick is to buy from a reputable dealer....this will save you
no end of headaches! Our dealer fixed every problem that came up with
the Bonanza, and did a complete inspection after we lost the support
beam. He decided that they should go through and reinforce every weld,
which they did, free of charge.

We bought the Jackson from the same dealer. When the Jackson came in,
they had forgotten to install the bars on the tack room window. Our
dealer had a private company come in and install them....don't know what
it cost him, but they did a great job!

We just decided to sell it, as it was hard to trust that nothing else
would go wrong. I trailer alone alot, and didn't want to worry about
it.

tracy