ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: trailer woes

RE: trailer woes

Flemmer, Linda (LFlemmer@CHKD.com)
Fri, 2 May 1997 11:34:52 -0400

Melody,
You wrote:

>What are the warranties or guarantees with new trailersd (not owning one
>yet)?

I can speak for the Sundowner Aluminum 2 horse slant we bought in 1993.
We received a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty, excluding the mats on
the floors. We had minor things fixed before we accepted delivery -
window didn't latch well (replaced latch/lock), and center divider
didn't telescope in & out like it should (replaced minor part for better
operation). (Center divider telescopes in to allow more room for the
front horse to back out safely - I love it!)

More recently, the latch wore out on the dressing room door from simple
USE! We use our trailer more than most folks as we must trailer to even
train. Sundowner again honored the warrantee.

Our Aluminum trailer appeared to be one of the better built brands when
we looked at competitors' products here in the Mid Atlantic states. I
find that the aluminum I Beam floors are very low maintenance.

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Chesapeake, VA
soon to be from Bruceton Mills, WV