ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: is this forging?

Re: is this forging?

Gwen Dluehosh (dluehosh@vt.edu)
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 00:45:06 +0600

Which legs is he hitting, the back ankle or the fornt ones?
If it' s the front, is he toes out?
My stallion will sometimes nick his ankles if I don't have him shod quite
right since he is toed out a little.
It's the front foot hitting the opposite front foot.
If it's in teh rear- I dont' know how to fix that one, but have seen many
endurance horses do it when they are tired.
Esp when they are going down lots of narrow trail.
Gwen
At 11:08 PM 4/28/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok Teddy, here's another shoeing problem that for some reason I can't
>figure out nor can my farrier. This is not a forging problem, but an
>interference problem.. The horse travels at a trot and whacks the He..
>out of his inner ankles. He does not do this at the walk as he didn't do
>it two weeks ago at the slower level of Natrc (CP), but when I took him
>back to Open he started hitting him self again.
Gwen Dluehosh
Desert Storm Arabians
1156 Hightop Rd, #89
Blacksburg, VA 24060