ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: post-ride feeding

Re: post-ride feeding

Becky Huffman (hhcc1@htcomp.net)
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 17:29:47 -0500

We normally leave for a ride on Friday morning. He gets his normal grain
before we leave and another one when we arrive. (2xs normal daily feed) I
give him a snack later in the day if it was a short drive. I give him
Saturday's breakfast, plus a little, late Friday night (after ride
meeting, before bed) and give him a snack first thing when I get up. These
are all slurry feeds with electrolytes. He is offered grain(slurry) and
hay free choice at every stop and grain (normal greed x2) after the finish.
He normally will eat most of it and snack until it is gone.
By the time we head home, he is back on his normal feeding schedule.

Becky
Semper Fi & The ShadowRat
Huffman Horse and Cattle Company
Fine Endurance Arabians and 'Horned Cows'
hhcc1@htcomp.net

> From: tina hicks <hickst@puzzler.nichols.com>
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: post-ride feeding
> Date: Thursday, April 24, 1997 7:49 AM
>
> okay, we've discussed breakfast at rides - for the horses that is <g> but
> what about after a ride? do most of you give a full dinner at some point
> after the ride? feed it in several smaller feedings thru the evening?
Does