ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: nutrition wars

Re: nutrition wars

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 11:37:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Joe Long wrote:

> two after the starting time of the ride.
>
> I would normally feed "breakfast" about an hour before start time, but make it a
> light feeding -- about half a normal amount.

I concur with Joe's thoughts. I usually get up at 4 and feed immediately.
>From a suggestion by Dr. Ridgeway some years ago I started throwing water
on it (normal hay). My gelding usually won't eat a lot just prior to a
ride. I've never really had a hydration problem.

Tommy Crockett, <tomydore@goblin.punk.net>
Los Osos, Ca. 93402-2715, USA
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/1079
"I ain't got no blood in my veins I just got them four
lanes of Hard Amarillo Highway" Terry Allen