ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: nutrition wars

Re: nutrition wars

Joe Long (jlong@mti.net)
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 18:13:09 GMT

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997 12:26:36 -0400 (EDT), Tivers@aol.com wrote:

>> Does anyone have opinions on the optimum time for breakfast before a ride?
>> Or do you tend not to give the horses breakfast, just hay all night?

>The optimum time is probably his "normal" time, all things being equal. If
>anything, that meal could be a little light, especially if you've glycogen
>loaded and are carrying some replenishment fuel with you.

The problem with that approach is that his "normal" time is probably an hour or
two after the starting time of the ride.

I would normally feed "breakfast" about an hour before start time, but make it a
light feeding -- about half a normal amount.

--

Joe Long jlong@mti.net http://www.mti.net Business http://www.rnbw.com Personal