ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: selling products on the list.

Re: selling products on the list.

Gwen Dluehosh (dluehosh@vt.edu)
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 03:42:30 +0600

I think there was a discussion abotu product selling a LONG time ago on the
list. however there were far less people on the list at that point. Maybe
it's time we take another vote on whether to include these posts. Last time
people voted that as long as it wasn't too obtrusive then it would be ok. I
don't personally find it offensive especially when someone asks where it can
be found or about it. Part of Teddy's (and other vendors) job is to let
people know what she has and how much it costs. If it isn't asked
specifically I have noticed that almost invariably the price gets asked
later on.
A lot of times the vendors on the list are the ones that came up with the
product in the first place, so they are the experts on it. Where is our
heart rate monitor person?? ROger?
Teddy makes her own tack, and does the best she can to keep people happy. I
know from personal experience.
At any rate I think everyone gets the point, so whaddaya all think?

I also wanted to say Ann has some NICE Rockies for sale. I unforunately
cant' afford one.
Gwen
t 06:02 PM 4/18/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I was thinking exactly the same thing. Like the lady that was looking for
>help on an undernorished horse. I sell Purina products, and when someone
>else recommended a Purina product, I joined the recommendation. Perhaps
>that's different because I don't get anything if someone goes to another
>Purina store and buys a bag of feed.
>
>However, there is a product I am in the process of putting in the Horse
>Shop, two of them actually, and if someone out there said, Hey does anyone
>know where I could buy X, I wouldn't think it would be inappropriate for me
>to say that they can get it from me and could check out my Horse Shop site.
>
>And of course I always have Mountain Horses for sale, but telling people
>about horses for sale on here does not seem to be a problem.
>
>Annette
>
>----------
>> From: L Eisele <nevadaghostridr@webtv.net>
>> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
>> Subject: selling products on the list.
>> Date: Friday, April 18, 1997 12:53 PM
>>
>> MY feelings are...when someone turns to the list for suggestions or
>> recommendations on certain products or requests info on what works and
>> doesn't and someone else responds with possible products they sell that
>> may fit the bill, I see no harm. Linda
>>
>> Linda Eisele & Sareei and
>> hubby, Allen and the General
>nevadaghostridr@webtv.net