ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: mountain rope reins

RE: mountain rope reins

Rita Al-Shammari (RALSHAMMAR@hasimons.com)
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 12:51:53 -0700

I make reins out of braided parachute cord. They hold up well, are soft
on the hands, don't give hand burns, and can be made in pretty colors.
I can make them whatever length you want, the style is buckle on one
end, snap on the other (to allow for tailing). They come in a round
braid style or a flat braid style. I've just started making them again
within the last six months (I used to braid them for Bork Cinch Company
years ago when Bork was still around).

I'm not sure how fast they will dry when soaked. I guess since I'm in
Arizona, I don't really think about it . . . everything dries out so
quickly due to the dry air. However, I'll do a test on a pair this
weekend and see how long it takes for them to dry out.

If you're interested, let me know.

Rita