ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Feeding the Neglected Horse

Re: Feeding the Neglected Horse

gerhardt (gerhardt@theriver.com)
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 17:38:15 -0700

Duh, I can't believe I didn't think of the Equine Senior, as I am a Purina
dealer. Wendy is absolutely right, the stuff works wonders on horses. We
have people that drive 25 miles one way to come and get it from us for
their horses. We have a hard time keeping it in stock. It was 8 years in
development before it went on the market, and works very well. That is
because it is partially "predigested" for the horse. We have horses on it
with no teeth, because you can mix it with water and make it into a gruel
and they'll slurp it up. If you can get it in them, they can digest it.
Purina has also come out with Equine Junior this last year for foals that
we are also getting a very good response to from customers and their young
stock.

I also concur with the corn oil suggestion. Another is a product called
Athlete from Purina, fed as a supplement in the case of the underweight
horse. It is used for racehorses straight, and is also found as one of the
ingredients in Omolene 200. It is a highly digestible very accessible form
of fat which can be released for working horses as energy, or used for
horse that needs the calories for weight. Athlete can be obtained from
Purina dealers.

Annette

----------
> From: Wendy Milner <wendy@wendy.cnd.hp.com>
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: Feeding the Neglected Horse
> Date: Monday, April 14, 1997 9:52 AM
>
> Laura MacCallum wrote:
> >Just acquired a seriously neglected coming 5 year old Arabian gelding
who
> >is approximately 200 pounds underweight. He's 14.3 and weighs 690 now.
The

\
\