ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Saddle woes

Re: Saddle woes

K S Swigart (katswig@deltanet.com)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 09:30:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997 GehringK@aol.com wrote:

> permanent damage in that area so she doesn't sweat? Saddles are a huge
> source of frustration for me with my barrel shaped Arab. I've been through 3
> dressage saddles and this cheap ABetta-which I had really liked. An

It is for this reason that I consider conformation of the back and withers
to be extremely important in an endurance mount. I consider a barrel
shaped, mutton withered horse to be totally disqualified as a purchase for
an endurance prospect. If you already own a horse like this, of course,
it is something to be worked with, but don't go out and buy one. Or
saddles will be a huge source of frustration to you.

And for god's sake...don't breed them!

A riding horse needs to have withers.

Just my opinion, mind you.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
"If the world were based on logic, MEN would ride sidesaddle."