ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: CA PROTECTIVE HEADGEAR -- MISSING FACTS ?

Re: CA PROTECTIVE HEADGEAR -- MISSING FACTS ?

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 09:06:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, JOSEPH PETER UHLARIK JR wrote:

> watching all the fans file into a major racetrack such as Hollywood Park
> or Santa Anita while wearing helmets.
>
> 13. Will it also be hilarious to see truck drivers that transport horses
> (including the major race horses) be wearing helmets inside the truck as
> they drive and as they load and unload the truck.
>
> 14. In the barn area at the major tracks, will all the miscellaneous (meaning
> those not directly working with the horse industry) people (cafeteria workers

Jim and Karen Clanin sent me the revisied and redlined version. I'd only
looked at it under Lynx before. The VT102 translation tables didn't pick
up on the changes. It showed both the old and the new wording making it
look riduclous and insane.

Viewing the bill under Netscape V3 it deleted all the specatator, crew,
vet, transporting etc provisions. I sent a copy to Jan Martel who taught
law at UC DAVIS and she assured me that the law as it's currently worded
doesn't even make helmet use mandatory. It only provides that helmets
sold in California must meet the University of Co. standards.

Tommy Crockett, <tomydore@goblin.punk.net>
Los Osos, Ca. 93402-2715, USA
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/1079
"I ain't got no blood in my veins I just got them four
lanes of Hard Amarillo Highway" Terry Allen