ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: low heel, high heel

Re: low heel, high heel

Duncan Fletcher (dfletche@gte.net)
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 08:24:59 -0800

Is the lower heel foot really larger (that is, would a cross section of the
hoof taken at right angles to the face of the front hoof wall be any
larger), or is the sole larger solely because of the lower angle (e.g., a 1
inch tube that is sliced at an angle has a larger surface area than one
that is not? Not disputing the theory (at least for horses where the
problem was not inutero), but raising a question.

Duncan Fletcher
dfletche@gte.net