ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Selling Arabians to the Arabs . . .

Re: Selling Arabians to the Arabs . . .

Frank Mechelhoff (fmechelh@c-s-k.de)
Wed, 02 Apr 1997 11:36:44 +0200

Trishmare@aol.com wrote:

> Since the World Arabian Horse Organization (WAHO) seems to be trying to force
> the Arabian Horse Registry of America (AHRA) to accept horses of shaky
> pedigree as purebred Arabians, it is no wonder. If WAHO continues on the
> course they are headed, before long America will be the only place a true
> purebred can be found, ... (snip)

Hi Trish,

not only America, I hope. Don't forget the ASIL Club in Europe, and
others. Their claim to purebred is so strict - to me (as a rider "only"
of a nice arab mix mare nor a breeder) it seems a little bit
exaggregated. But "I" would trust their pedigrees. Some of them must
have made really BIG money selling arabs to the sheiks, even to Bahrein
or state stud farms.

OK, even if I don't ride them I like them...

regards
FRANK MECHELHOFF (Germany)