ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: what about keeping the horse in trailer for the night?

Re: what about keeping the horse in trailer for the night?

Becky Huffman (hhcc1@htcomp.net)
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 20:58:03 -0600

I keep the water and feed/hay separate just to encourage him to walk a few
steps in case he is stiff, just like on a picket, and helps keep the water
cleaner.

He is able to lay down and get up, I know. The horse tied on the side is
'NOTHING' to the horse on the inside.... On the bright side,
(hmmmm...... ) (OK - I got one!) You can keep a very close tabs on your
tired horse.

You know when he is sleeping, you know when he's awake,
You know if he's had food or drink.
So be good for goodness sake!!
(sorry folks, it has been a long weekend with no riding)

Becky
Semper Fi & The ShadowRat
Huffman Horse and Cattle Company
Fine Endurance Arabians and 'Horned Cows'
hhcc1@htcomp.net

> From: Ann Hatfield <keithr@nocdc.bc.ca>
feed and water at opposite ends? only disadvantages I can think of are a
cast horse