ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Easyboots & Vetwrap

Re: Easyboots & Vetwrap

K S Swigart (katswig@deltanet.com)
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 16:33:15 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, DreamWeaver wrote:

> The string is for pulling up the heel strap in the back of the boot. You
> can substitute any number of things - a shoe-lace, bailing twine, a piece of
> leather latigo. What works best is a 1" wide strip of nylon webbing. I
> have a two foot piece that goes in my saddle pack with the boot, it's fairly
> inexpensive when you buy it by the yard at a fabric store. Just burn the
> ends so it doesn't fray and you're in business.

I use bailing twine. After I have used it to pull up the heel strap, I
tie it (loosly) around the horses fetlock so that when the Easyboot comes
off while I am riding (you note I don't say "if"), I don't lose it on the
trail.

Additionally, bailing twine breeds like rabbits out at my place, so there
is never a shortage.

kat
Orange County, Calif.