ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Horses tied to trailers

Re: Horses tied to trailers

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 16:28:37 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 11 Mar 1997 SandyDSA@aol.com wrote:

> << What do you folks out there think? Any stories that we can learn by? I
> prefer a portable corral if possible.
> >>
> Well, I have seen a horse barge right through a portable corral, so.... BUT,
> a well-trained, confident horse who is not hyped on drugs or over-grained or

I agree with Sandy. I've routinely tied my gelding for the last ten
years. Needless to say don't unhook the trailer. :) Now I usually run a
teather line around the trailer and Rebel has his fun moving around. I
won't say I haven't, from time to time had tpo go fish him out of someone
else's branpan in the morning. But those excursions have been rare.

Tommy Crockett <tomydore@goblin.punk.net>
Los Osos, Ca. 93402-2715
"He asked me, why do you ride for your money?
why do you rope for short pay?"
Michael Burton, Gopher Music, BMI
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/1079