ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Fashion and "The Market" (fwd)

Re: Fashion and "The Market" (fwd)

adrienne suzanne pape (pape@students.uiuc.edu)
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 12:37:09 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Jude Hall wrote:
> I was thinking about this pricing thing last night, and at least in my
> area (Ohio), there seem to be 2 price ranges for Arabs - one price very
> high (overly-inflated in my mind) - the "show horse prices", and then
> "all the other arabs" - which seem to be rock-bottom (less than $1,000 to
> maybe $1500).

I too have noticed a huge jump in pricing here in Illinois and Indiana
also. I bought my arab gelding, Tristan, for $1200, not a bad deal at
all. He was considered a 'show ring reject' (not enought flash?!) or he
could have gone for $3500. I think it also depends on what breeds are
most prevelent in your area. Here, Quarter Hoses are the main thing.

adrienne